NOT Easy to Do Business
|17||5 Nov 2016 - 08:10||Anonymous (not verified)||22.214.171.124||Not Easy to Do Business||Private/Construction||Delhi||Sadar Bazar||3/5||2/5||2/5||2/5||Get construction permit||Corrupt officials who asked for bribes||It was quite tough to complete the construction on time due to the continuous and unnecessary interference of the officials on the construction site.||Always keep a copy of complete paper work with you||
Keep it Anonymous
|37||21 Nov 2016 - 17:53||Prashant||126.96.36.199||Not Easy to Do Business||IT||Karnataka||Bengaluru||2/5||1/5||1/5||1/5||Register the business||Can’t find information||
Everything is difficult if you are starting from scratch to set up a business.
• Finding office space: Not everyone has big enough a house or circumstances to incubate the organisation at home.
• Something as simple as commuting: It is hazardous to drive, and arduous to take public transport.
• Government policies/banking system: Something as simple a company formation - if you got for private limited model, the Registration Of the Company expenses require a fair amount. Cheaper option is to register company under partnership act (only if you have a friend who is a CA/CS/Lawyer and will help you out). Again, if your company is under partnership firm, banks won't give out unsecured loans/ credit cards to you/ your employees. This is the reason many good and hard working employees can leave the job with your company and go anywhere else where they get better facilities.
• No regard for Intellectual Property Rights or its implementation: Almost illiterate cops or Economic Offences Wing Officials dare not bothered about whether stealing/copying code/project plans/content is a big deal!
• There are multiple overlapping compliance checklists that will take you ages to get a grip on.
• Rampant corruption: To set up a meeting, to get anything registered, to not stand in the line for hours- every little thing requires a bribe to get your work done.
This can go on forever. There is no way that we can ever reach the competence levels of foreign countries. I’ve lost hope in our system!
|29||16 Nov 2016 - 17:44||Anonymous (not verified)||188.8.131.52||Not Easy to Do Business||Branding||Gujarat||Ahemdabad||2/5||1/5||1/5||2/5||Register the business||Other||Didn't know anything about bureaucracy||
In my opinion, it is absolutely not easy to conduct business in India. I tried to establish a brand that produces sunglasses in Ahemdabad, Gujarat. Aside from the total lack of information, I had to submit completely unnecessary documents. I fail to understand as to why my phone bill was required, when I’m already submitting another documents for address proof? I still don't know why they need so many documents.
I did not have any foresight, and it was made worse by the bureaucracy at the government offices, where nobody really knew anything. I had to go to various offices and stand in the queue to figure out which document is required by which window.
I also did not have a team, and thought I could do everything by myself - one can't fight the bureaucracy alone!
|31||16 Nov 2016 - 17:52||Anonymous (not verified)||184.108.40.206||Not Easy to Do Business||Financial Advisory||Maharashtra||Pune||2/5||1/5||2/5||2/5||Other||Filing tenders||Can’t find information||
I was told it would take five years for me to get a permanent certificate for my financial services company and until then a temporary certificate would be issued. I bribed Rs. 6,000 and got the registration certificate in three days. My father already had one manufacturing business and intended to open a new business. Since he did not have the time to run around for completing the formalities, we had to hire an accountant and he charged us Rs. 40,000. Like most of the other entrepreneurs, even I had experienced what it really meant to go to bureaucrats and experienced red tape. I had to go various people for ‘n’ number of signatures and stamps. There were so many corrections I had to make in multiple documents to get my company registered. I don’t think there is anything called as – ‘single window clearance’.
My father had to set up a chemical plant and had to wait for a year to get environmental clearances. He also had to pay bribes along the way and despite wait for a year. How do we make in India if we are not allowed to make in India?
There is no clear knowledge about how to start a company. Most of the people are of the opinion that a lot of money is required to start a company. I started my company with Rs. 8,000 out of which Rs. 6,000 was a bribe. Even if people have some really fascinating ideas, they don’t start a company because they think that it will cost them a lot.
The tendering process of the government is flawed and corrupt. It is always given to people who are ‘known’ to the government officials. Once when we managed to get a contract on a fair basis because we really did quote low prices, we were called and blasted by an official. He asked us how we could take up the project when we had no clue about the place where the project was going to start. He finally introduced us to an agent who had taken care of all the previous people who had managed to get the contracts.
This is my experience of Pune, Maharashtra. I have no clue how does it work anywhere else in the country.
|20||16 Nov 2016 - 14:54||Anonymous (not verified)||220.127.116.11||Not Easy to Do Business||Development Sector||Bihar||Muzaffarpur||1/5||2/5||1/5||1/5||Other||NGO Registration (Social Enterprise)||Confusing laws that say different things||
I am from Muzzafarpur, Bihar. I recently started a new enterprise in the Development Sector. I tried to register a NGO (Social Enterprise). I would say that the services provided in terms of registering the NGO are not at all time bound. It could take any amount of time to get your NGO registered. More over, my experience was that there is no sense of accountability when it comes to the government procedures related to starting up a business or an enterprise.
My advice to other people who want to have their own start ups would be that, since it is very difficult to start a venture in Bihar or even invest in Bihar, you should get your organization registered in any other state but not Bihar.